Ten reasons for learning Spanish/Español
10 Reasons Why You Should Learn Spanish
In case you’re searching for a few good reasons why, we went ahead and provided ten.
1) It’s the second most popular language in the world, and supposedly by 2050, it’ll be running neck-and-neck with English. You may as well get ahead of the curve now.
2) You can get the husband and kids involved. Learning a second language as a family is an enriching, rewarding activity everyone can do together.
3) It’s currently the primary tongue of roughly 15% of American homes. Chances are, you already know someone with whom you can casually converse in Spanish with. If not, now you have incentive to meet a few new Spanish-speaking friends!
4) Roughly 330 million people around the world are native Spanish speakers; traveling internationally will become so much easier. (How great would it be to not get ripped off when you’re shopping for touristy trinkets?)
5) Learning a second language is excellent exercise for your brain. Some studies even suggest being actively bilingual helps reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
6) It’ll set you apart from the rest of our mostly monolingual population. Imagine how cool your friends will think you are when you can expertly order everyone’s tapas and sangria in español?
7) It’ll totally increase your career prospects. Adding the ability to speak a second language to your resume will send you right to the top of the candidates list.
8) There’s always time; you can learn it while you’re multitasking. Practice phrases while you’re stuck in traffic or while you’re out for an evening jog.
9) Comfortably conversing in a second language automatically enhances your critical thinking skills.
10) You can finally watch a telenovela and actually understand what’s happening! (And you can skip the subtitles on Spanish foreign films.)
11) Extra! .........It enriches and helps your knowledge in english as key grammar points are also compared between spanish and english. :)
¡Bienvenidos a Español!
Welcome to Spanish!
Welcome all to Spanish/Español for Schools 1,2,3,4 within our Fort Lee School District
I am very excited and eager to start the 2014-2015 school year and I hope everyone has had a great summer. I am entering my 2nd year here at Fort Lee where I will be teaching Spanish in all four elementary schools for grades 5th and 6th. I look forward to seeing everyone this year as we are going to learn many new things within the Spanish language. We will be learning grammar, culture, art, music and many other aspects that make up the Spanish language making this year an exciting journey for us all. I hope to see everyone very soon and if you would like to learn a bit more about myself please look at my bio section on the page as well as other aspects of our class this year.